dhcpd and pppoe and name servers

On the Debian machine eth0 will connect to the DSL modem, eth1 is MASQ'ed
internal net.  dhcpd is running on eth1.

I have not used pppoe before (I have static IPs).  I assume the ppp server
supplies the name server on connection.

1) what's the procedure to automatically update /etc/resolv.conf when the
ppp connection comes up?

2) if the ppp-reported name server changes how do I update the "option
domain-name-servers" in my /etc/dhcpd.conf file automatically?

3) my iptables rules come up at boot time using eth0 as the external
interface.  Am I correct that I need to have a script in /etc/ppp/ip-up.d/
to rewrite my iptable rules using ppp0?

4) this machine will be installed in a friend's house (that has pppoe).
Any other tips or gotchas that will save me time getting the machine
connected?  The pppoe docs seem simple enough, but things don't always go
that well...

Thanks very much,
--
Bill Moseley