Re: text mode clone of gaim?

On Tue, Nov 19, 2002 at 10:03:36AM -0600, Kent West wrote:
| Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
|
| >i have been using gaim - a good im package.

It is stable as far as AIM is concerned, but IMO the UI is a bit
lacking.

| >is there a clone that runs on console? may be i can postpone starting x
| >that much longer! :)

| You might try ari-yahoo or gnuyahoo or ntaim, as per below:

ntaim appears to be unmaintained, and it (consistently!) gets kicked
off by AOL after a few seconds of being connected.  (I tried it
before because jabber's aim-t isn't terribly stable)

-D

--
"...Deep Hack Mode--that mysterious and frightening state of
consciousness where Mortal Users fear to tread."

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/