Re: Laptops!

On 20/11/02 Robert L. Harris did speaketh:

> Mike, What bug?  I'm using a VAIO since my last dell died.  It makes a
> good little XTerm for ssh'ing to a heavier box for mail, etc (my Vaio is
> only a P2 with 96Megs)  The only problem with the booger is the cdrom
> and floppy are usb, makes debian installs a bit of a problem, or did
> with Debian2.2, haven't tried 3.0.

    I've had some instability at times out of X running on it. It's a bug that
OpenOffice specifically tickles. If I try to run OOo, my CPU goes through the
roof and the box becomes unresponsive. That includes running it remotely from
my desktop and using the laptop as an xterm. I'm told that X 4.2 will fix
that, but I haven't tried it yet. I need to set up pinning so that I only get
X 4.2, and not the rest of unstable. sawfish in unstable sucks at the moment.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix