Re: Laptops!

On 20/11/02 james leclair did speaketh:

> Hello,
> Could someone be so kind as to recommend a model and brand name of laptop I
> should consider purchasing to run debian on? Thanks in advance, you guys
> have been real helpful!!

    I wouldn't concern yourself too much with the laptop model, as much with
any windows-specific crap in it. You should be able to run Debian on most
laptops. I'm running it on my Sony VAIO with no problems, beyond the bug in
the S3 chipset support of X 4.1, but I'll probably upgrade to 4.2 from
unstable to fix that.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>, GnuPG pub key: 5BC8BE08
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to Unix