SOLVED: Booting a full Debian system from floppy or CD

Thanks to all who responded . . .

I finally got fed up with floppies not booting, etc. that I went into the
BIOS and reset to factory defaults.

Shoulda done that from the start.  Now it boots fine from the HD into LILO
and my prepackaged kernel install went fine and shorewall is running fine
. . . .

Thanks!!

madmac

--