Woody & Shorewall Package missing a dependency (iproute)???

I installed Shorewall on a Woody systems and couldn't get it started following
the quickstart guide.  The /etc/shorewall/firewall script exited with:

ip:  command not found

The quickstart doc mentions that redhat users need to be sure that the iproute/iproute2
package is installed so that the ip command is available.

This, apparently, also applies to debian folk as well.

This is the first time I've ever had an issue with a package from stable
not properly identifying a dependency.  How do I contact the package maintainer
to find out if I'm nuts, or if there really is an omission?

madmac

--
Doug MacFarlane
madmac@covad.net