Re: apache and php

On Tue, 2002-11-19 at 14:17, Chris Lale wrote:
> Php is not working in Apache. I am trying to install phpgroupware in
> Woody. It did not work in one go so I am doing it in stages. Apache is
> up and running (hostname 'athlon' or '127.0.0.1').
>
> I installed php3.deb and put a test file ('test.php') in /var/www/. When
> I point the browser at http://athlon/test.php it tries to save the file
> rather than run it.
>
> I have uncommented the line  (suggested by the installation script)
> 	LoadModule php3_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp3.so
> in /etc/apache/httpd.conf, stopped and started apache. No improvement.

I think you are missing the following line in your
/etc/apache/httpd.conf:

	AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3

You would have to call your PHP3 file test.php3 in this case. The .php
ending is usually used for PHP4 sources. But IMHO you should really
consider using PHP4 - then you will need these lines in your httpd.conf:

	LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so
	AddType application/x-httpd-php .php

HTH, Stefan.

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?