Interested.

Hi.

I have Debian Linux installed on my computer but I have a couple of
questions. What is basically the difference for example between Redhat
and Debian linux? I have noticed that there are some files located in
different directories and the package system is differend (.deb
and .rpm) but basically what is the difference?

Then I´d like to know the apt-get server what is the most recently
upgraded. I have tried the closest ones to me (finland and sweden) but
I still do have older versions of for example irssi. And what about
KDE. I have said "apt-get install kde" and the other packages but I
still have 2.2.x version. Why aren´t these (finnish and swedish)
servers up to date? Or is it just me, do I have to do something to
upgrade my things. I know that I can download for example KDE from
downloads.com but i have to download so many files that it´ll get
complicated or is there an easier way to do it?

Regards:
Rauno