Hurd doubts / could not get grub from its site
I am trying to get a running Debian/GNU/Hurd system , nad
had some problems with grub and with the partition.
I will outline what I did :
- downloaded the hurd base system.
- I have a ext3 partition that I think I can do away with .
mke2fs -o hurd /dev/hda11
IIRC this hda11 appears in the partition table as :
logical ext2 hda11
- mount /dev/hda11 testmnt
tar zxpvf <<the base system>>
- Now I try to get the grub boot floppy image from
Strangely the files there do not indicate any boot floppy or grub- source
Anyway I downloaded whatever I found there , and never got any grub-install
script or a boot floppy image.
- I used lilo to try boot from hda11 (so may be I can get grub) , by
- lilo -v
shows that hda11 does not have a valid boot signature.
- cfdisk , anf I give a boot flag to this logical partition (I also find
neither my / nor my /boot have any boot flags !) , write to the partition
and reboot ... no effect. lilo still feels the same about hda11 .
Please help.I shall also greatly appreciate if you can get me a floppy-boot
image or bettr still , the grub - source .