Re: Cannot access box after hdparm experimenting

hi ya

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Irvine Russell wrote:

> Gary Turner kirjoitti 19.11.2002 kello 03:44:
> > On Mon, 18 Nov 2002 18:14:53 +0200, Ulla Russell wrote:
> >
> > <snip>
> > >
> > >When I reboot now the booting progresses better but then stops
> > >with the message:
> > >
> > >   "kernel panic: No init found. try passsing init= option to kernel"
> > >
> > >I rebooted and tried typing the following at the lilo prompt:
> > >
> > >   "linux init=/bin/bash"

you might want to also try
	boot: linux root=/dev/hda1 [ init=/bin/bash ]

	( wherever you installed your root-fs )

somehow, playing with hdparm caused it to forgot how to find your
boot info

otherwise, boot the machine from floppy or standalon cdrom and re-run
lilo/grub to reinstall the boot info

c ya
alvin