Ready to take the plunge...

	I've pretty much decided to take the Debian plunge, but now I need some
direction.

	Is it better to wipe my partition clean (it has SuSE 8 right now) and
then install?  My /home partition is on another physical drive (for now)
so it will be fine, but what about other packages I have installed?
Save the tarballs and burn a CD?

	Also, who should I get the distribution from?  I have a slow dial-up
connection, so downloading a whole system (with OOffice) is a bit
unweildy.  I would also like a *little* dead-tree documentation to help
me through the install as I have heard it is a bear to accomplish.
Along those lines, should I perhaps get Libranet?  Or is the basic
install intuitive enough for me to walk through (4+ years with linux,
never re-compiled a kernal but did most everything else)?

	Finally, what problems should I expect and what is the best way to
correct (if possible)?

	Thank you.