Re: ldap re-creating database

On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 11:11:56PM -0800, nate wrote:
| mdevin said:
|
| > Can you spell that out even more for this ldap newbie?
| > In my slapd.conf I do have the following:
| > rootdn          "cn=admin,dc=mycompany,dc=com"
| > rootpw          {SSHA}JuaWFhw+AXDgppTgOJPtpZARL1PpWRoj
|

| you sure thats right? I think it should be SHA, though I prefer
| MD5.

SSHA is Salted SHA.  The difference between SSHA and SHA is the salt
used in the beginning (which is also why you can get different values
out for the same input, which makes it harder to crack).  I think
SSHA is what openldap tends to use when you set a password field.

However, in the slapd.conf file I think it is supposed to be
plain-text.  So either change that line to read rootpw  password or
type in '{SSHA}JuaWFhw+AXDgppTgOJPtpZARL1PpWRoj' as the password.
When I set up openldap it was a plain-text entry in the config file.

HTH,
-D

--
The light of the righteous shines brightly,
but the lamp of the wicked is snuffed out.

http://dman.ddts.net/~dman/