Re: ldap re-creating database

On Mon, Nov 18, 2002 at 10:26:22 -0500, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 17, 2002 at 11:11:56PM -0800, nate wrote:
> | mdevin said:
> |
> | > Can you spell that out even more for this ldap newbie?
> | > In my slapd.conf I do have the following:
> | > rootdn          "cn=admin,dc=mycompany,dc=com"
> | > rootpw          {SSHA}JuaWFhw+AXDgppTgOJPtpZARL1PpWRoj
>
> However, in the slapd.conf file I think it is supposed to be
> plain-text.  So either change that line to read rootpw  password or
> type in '{SSHA}JuaWFhw+AXDgppTgOJPtpZARL1PpWRoj' as the password.
> When I set up openldap it was a plain-text entry in the config file.

OK, I changed the rootpw entry to 'secret' and then restarted slapd and
tried again this time typing 'secret' as the password.  I still get the
same error though: ldap_bind: Invalid credentials

I think it is amazing just how difficult it is to do what the openldap
documents purport to be simple.  The only good thing about this is that
I don't get very far so it doesn't take long to test a different
possible solution.  Perhaps there is something unique to the debian
woody binaries that means that the openldap quick start guide doesn't
work: http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin/quickstart.html

Cheers.
Mark.