Re: ide-scsi emulation fails due to missing module sr_mod in kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4

Michael Rauch wrote:
> hi,
>
> i recently replaced the SuSE installation on my desktop with
> debian/woody. now i have some troubles getting my IDE cd-burner
> (alias hdd) working. after reading the CD-WRITING-HOWTO and googling
> around for some time i figured that the module sr_mod (afaik SCSI
> CD-ROM support) is not present in my system, i'm using the prebuilt
> 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel and sr_mod.o is missing from

Could try a different kernel that is known to work eg
kernel-image-2.2.20" (includes the "ide-scsi" module). Details in
"3.Changing the kernel" in the Newbiedoc CDRW article. Look in the
peripherals section at
http://newbiedoc.sourceforge.net/peripherals/cdrw.html

hth

Chris.

--
 ___   Chris Lale   <ctlale@coolscience.co.uk>
/   \
| <_/  My PC runs Debian GNU/Linux 3.0.
\      Robust, secure and free operating system + applications.
 \     Available at http://www.debian.org