fonts.alias file

Hi,

I am using debian testing. I have installed msttcorefonts and
x-ttcidfonts-conf file to use truetype fonts.I have noticed that the
fonts.alias file in /var/lib/defoma/x-ttcidfonts-conf/dirs/TrueType is
not being generated by x-ttcidfonts-conf package. Actually it ends up
always empty. Therefore some X applications, like Lyx and xfontsel, can
only use truetype fonts at a default size (12 pt, I think). On the other
hand, other applications, like gtk applications, can use truetype fonts
normally.

I can generate "by hand" using a script like mkfontalias.py, but this
certainly doesn't feel like the right thing to do. What should I do? Is
it a bug.

Thanks for any help,

Paulo