ide-scsi emulation fails due to missing module sr_mod in kernel 2.4.18-bf2.4

hi,

i recently replaced the SuSE installation on my desktop with debian/woody. now i have some troubles getting my IDE cd-burner (alias hdd) working. after reading the CD-WRITING-HOWTO and googling around for some time i figured that the module sr_mod (afaik SCSI CD-ROM support) is not present in my system, i'm using the prebuilt 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel and sr_mod.o is missing from /lib/modules/2.4.18-bf2.4/kernel/drivers/scsi where i would expect it to be.

now i'm wondering if there is some other way to get this module on my system beside of getting the kernel and module sources and baking a new kernel.

#!michael