apt and dist-upgrade

I just installed a system using the 4 floppies for a compact install (rescue,
root image, and 2 drivers) and did the rest of the install via the net.

Very nice.

So, I now have a running woody that I want to upgrade to testing.

I did an apt-get -s dist-upgrade, and it then said that

gozer:/home/madmac# apt-get -s dist-upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0  not upgraded.

so it wasn't going to do anything  . . .

so here's my sourceslist:

gozer:/home/madmac# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb-src http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ stable main non-free contrib
deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free
deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable/non-US main contrib non-free

deb http://security.debian.org/ stable/updates main contrib non-free
gozer:/home/madmac#

and it's still set to stable . . . . (woody)

I thought apt-get dist-upgrade would take you from woody to sarge, or sarge
to sid, and so on??  I'm obviously missing something here . . . .

madmac

--
Doug MacFarlane
madmac@covad.net