Re: ASUS P4B533 Motherboard

On Thu, Nov 14, 2002 at 02:07:33PM -0800, Bill Moseley wrote:
> I should look into the IDE card.  I have two IDE drives (not RAID) and IDE
> CD-R and CD/DVD.  I'm never sure if both hard drives should go on one IDE
> as master/slave, or if the drives should both be masters with the CDs on
> the slaves.

Ideally they should all be on their own channel, but that's rarely
practical.  I'd make sure that your CD-R and main HD are on separate
busses tho, otherwise you might not be able to get any sort of
reasonable burn speed.

After much playing, I ended up with my CD-ROM (master; it really, really
didn't like being a slave on any bus) and CD-R on the same channel and
the HD and Zip drive on the other.  As long as I remember to never, ever
try to use the CD-ROM while burning, it works fine.

-rob