Re: ASUS P4B533 Motherboard

At 07:30 AM 11/15/02 +1100, Graham Williams wrote:
>Thanks for the information.  I grabbed source for kernel 2.4.19,
>patched it to 2.4.20-pre11, compiled it and installed the resulting
>Debian package and everything is working wonderfully, except XFree
>4.2.1 which doesn't support the video card (using the vesa driver
>works, just). Fixed in Xfree86 4.3 according to the
>documentation. Some information: The audio is i810_audio, video will
>be i810, and NIC is eepro100. I now have 8 IDE hard drive slots on 2
>extra IDE CMD680 cards in addition to the hard drive on the onboard
>IDE chip!

Did you take notes, by chance, that you could make public?

BTW -- there's an SIS version P4S533.  How would I decide P4B vs. P4S
version of the board?

I should look into the IDE card.  I have two IDE drives (not RAID) and IDE
CD-R and CD/DVD.  I'm never sure if both hard drives should go on one IDE
as master/slave, or if the drives should both be masters with the CDs on
the slaves.

Thanks,
--
Bill Moseley