Re: I can't start the x-windows

At 09:35 AM 11/14/02 +0100, you wrote:
    I've got a Woody installation that works with some problems, but the
most important is the x-windows
    Ive installed the new drivers for nvidia taken from the web, but it
wasn't the solution to my problem.
    When I try to start x, it says me that  there isn't a screen (no, that
isn't a joke). but I can see my screen!!
    I've put here my Xfree86.0.log and my XF86Config-4 and I'll apreciate
any help.

and that's my XF86Config-4 file :

Section "Device"
 Identifier "Nvidia"
 Driver  "nvidia"
I use nv instead of nvidia

 Option  "UseFBDev"  "true"
I commented this line

EndSection

I had a similar problem
I am using a nvidia geforce2 MX with XFree86 v. 4.1 nv drivers. I didn't bother downloading the drivers from nvidia.com The next step was to edit my /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 and comment the line under the "Section Device" UseFBDev.
Hope this helps
ian