Re: dockable apps for icewm?

Rob Weir <rweir@softhome.net> writes:

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 02:59:38PM +0100, Jens Grivolla wrote:
>> Dave Thayer <dave@thayer-boyle.com> writes:
>> > Blackbox is fairly lightweight, and has a 'slit' which will swallow
>> > wmaker dock apps.
>>
>> I will try it.  I just hope it doesn't use too much screen space.
>
> The slit, IIRC, only uses up the space required by the apps inside it.
> If you decide to use some of the blackbox apps, most of them take a '-t'
> option for tiny; it's very useful.

Thanks, that might prove handy.

I am currently using blackbox on one of my computers with the default
theme + bbkey, licq and gkrellm in the slit.  While licq and gkrellm
need a certain width to be usable (no tiny mode), I don't feel that
the screen gets too cluttered (and it looks cool ;).

Thanks to everybody for their suggestions.

Ciao,
   Jens