Re: dockable apps for icewm?

"Karl E. Jorgensen" <karl@jorgensen.com> writes:

> On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 06:00:25PM +0100, Jens Grivolla wrote:
> > Does anybody know of such applets?
>
> There aren't any applets; icewm's architecture is radically different
> from e.g. Gnome.
>
> Much of the "lightness" in icewm comes from the fact that it runs as a
> single process, whereas e.g. gnome runs one process per panel (and
> typically yet another process per applet). Everything that icewm does is
> built into that process.

Yes, that is the impression I got looking for documentation on the web.

> You should be able to hack the source; beware though that even though it
> is somewhat nicely structured, it does not allow for adding/removing
> elements at run-time.

No, I don't think I want to hack those things directly into the icewm
source.

I think I will be switching to a different WM.  Unfortunately most
themes for other WMs are totally overloaded and bloated, and I really
don't need a complete desktop environment.

Ciao,
   Jens