Re: [debian-user] Which ICQ Client is better?

on Tue, 12 Nov 2002 10:25:30PM +0100, Rüdiger Kuhlmann insinuated:
> For a terminal ICQ, try mICQ (the cvs version even has support for
> UTF8 messages, the first OSS ICQ client doing so). Or centericq if
> you depend on multiple protocols.

heh.  i got centericq because i wanted ICQ and AIM in one ... the ICQ
protocol works fine, but the AIM one will randomly log me on every day
or two or ten for about half a second, and then log me off again.
it's quite funny, really -- i've taken to sending the current date to
my friend, and she emails me back when she gets it, usually ~4 days
later.

conclusion: centericq is great for ICQ, but don't use it if you depent
on multiple protocols (at least, AIM).

</nori>

--
    .~.      nori @ sccs.swarthmore.edu