Re: [OT] Moving away from KDE to what?

-- Alex Polite <m2@plusseven.com> wrote
(on Tuesday, 12 November 2002, 10:26 PM +0100):

> > Here are the requirements:
> >
> > 1) Must be able to "maximize window to available space" a la
> >    enlightenment.
> >
> > 2) Must support multiple sequence key bindings a la emacs.
> >
> > 3) Must be fast.
> >
> > 4) Must be faster.
> >

> Thanks everyone for all the input.
>
> I've installed blackbox. I doesn't meet requirements 1 and 2, contrary
> to what someone in the thread said, but it does meet 3. I'll stay
> with it for a couple of weeks.
As to (1), right click on both your toolbar and slit and make sure the
item "Always on Top" isn't checked. In addition, if you want to be
absolutely certain that a window maximizes to the full screen, autohide
each of them.

As to (2), bbkeys won't do sequences of keys for keybindings. If you're
having trouble determining the syntax for the rc file, check out bbconf
-- it has a QT gui for setting these and other blackbox properties.

There's also another project, epist, which is part of the openbox wm
that might -- not absolutely sure. You might want to check it out.

--
Matthew Weier O'Phinney
matthew@weierophinney.net