[OT] Moving away from KDE to what?

I visited my mother last week to help her setup her DSL
connection. While doing so I realized that her Windows 2000 350 MHz
box is a lot more responsive then my Debian/GNU/KDE 500 MHz box.

So out goes KDE.

I tried out the minimalistic ratpoison an ion wms and kind of like
them. At least they are fast. But they don't handle apps like gimp or xmms to
well. Now I'm looking something in  the middle ground.

Here are the requirements:

1) Must be able to "maximize window to available space" a la
   enlightenment.

2) Must support multiple sequence key bindings a la emacs.

3) Must be fast.

4) Must be faster.

alex

--