Re: Apache2 (php not working)

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 10:09:59PM -0800, Michelle Storm wrote:
> 1) IS php supposed to work with apache2 (like it
> says it's supposed to)

I don't know for certain, but I'm fairly sure that the php4 packages in
Debian _don't_ work with Apache2.  I think the current php CVS does, so
you could go and pull the CVS version and build it.  Too much effort for
me; I just went back to apache.

> 2b) IF NOT, I'd like to know so that I can start the process of removing
> php, apache2, and all the other stuff that is all linked so I can
> reinstall apache.

This bit is easy: apache and apache2 can both be installed at once.
Obviously, only one can be running on port 80 at a time, but you can
shut down the one you don't want with
'/etc/init.d/{apache or apache2} stop' or disable one completely with
rcconf.

Just reinstall apache, leave php4 alone and you should be ready to roll.

-rob