Squid, Apache and Apple Browsers

Hi,
I have a woody box running squid, apache.
There are OS 9.x imacs on the network which
have their browsers set to squid for surfing.
(IE 5.1 and netscape 4.x are used)
Here's the problem:
When a local web page is edited, the mac computers
can see the new changes. The refresh button is hit, but
the squid cache still sends out the old page.
If a win98 machine is using squid in the browser and refreshes
the page, then squid refreshes the cache and all works good.
If I go back to the macs and refresh, then now the imac will get
the newly edited web page.
It seems that the imacs can't refresh new pages from squid.
Note, the web pages are from apache running on the squid box.

Anyone have similar problems? ideas?

Thanks!
Mike