Apache2 (php not working)

Apache2 says it supports PHP (at least on the website), and I have php4
installed. And it was working when I was just using the normal apache
server. I was wondering if it's broken and I just haven't found anything
saying it isn't fixed.. or if there's some special fix?

I have no problem going back to the apache server.... but I thought I'd
play with the apache2. Just right now I can't view my own webpages cause
they are all in .php extentions.

I've tried changing it all back to .html extensions.. but then the PHP
doesn't work properly.

So all I'm looking for is:

1) IS php supposed to work with apache2 (like it
says it's supposed to)

2a) IF it is, what might I be doing wrong?

2b) IF NOT, I'd like to know so that I can start the process of removing
php, apache2, and all the other stuff that is all linked so I can
reinstall apache.

--
Michelle Alexia "Jade" Storm
Dragon Impersonating a Human and failing.