Re: pipe attachments in mutt

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 11:12:24AM +0000, Glyn Kennington wrote:
> Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> > > Things you can do: If you have any pdf files saved, type `see filename.pdf'
> > > and see what happens.
> > works perfectly! opens xpdf and the file
>
> Well in that case, the problem almost certainly lies with mutt, because
> `see' is a program to call the appropriate mailcap entry.  (You can test
> again by trying to look at a pdf file in lynx, though.)
>
> When mutt shows you the raw file (all those indecipherable characters) does
> it show any kind of error like `no matching mailcap entries found'?

i will just repeat what i did. got to the message that has an pdf attachment
hit v
choose the pdf attachment
hit enter
a window opens with ascii characters like % 5 m and so on. but you are not reading a pdf
document
no error is shown
hit q to quit

>  And
> have you altered any mailcap_* entries in your .muttrc?  This is a shot in
> the dark, but it's the only remaining thing I can think of.  If that's not
> it, you might do better asking on a mutt mailing list.

all my mailcap_* entries in my .muttrc are commented out!!

here is how it looks:

# MIME ####################################################################
#set rfc2047_parameters=no
#set mime_forward_rest=yes
#set message_format="%s"
#set mailcap_path=""
#set mailcap_sanitize=yes
#set mime_forward=no
#set mime_forward_decode=no
#set implicit_autoview=no

thanx - yet again :)

sandip p deshmukh

"Are [Linux users] lemmings collectively jumping off of the cliff of
reliable, well-engineered commercial software?"
(By Matt Welsh)