Re: pipe attachments in mutt

Sandip P Deshmukh wrote:
> > Things you can do: If you have any pdf files saved, type `see filename.pdf'
> > and see what happens.
> works perfectly! opens xpdf and the file

Well in that case, the problem almost certainly lies with mutt, because
`see' is a program to call the appropriate mailcap entry.  (You can test
again by trying to look at a pdf file in lynx, though.)

When mutt shows you the raw file (all those indecipherable characters) does
it show any kind of error like `no matching mailcap entries found'?  And
have you altered any mailcap_* entries in your .muttrc?  This is a shot in
the dark, but it's the only remaining thing I can think of.  If that's not
it, you might do better asking on a mutt mailing list.

Glyn

--
-Glyn, do you do pills?
-No, I hate lager.