Re: Howto add a crontab job ?

Joyce, Matthew <MJoyce@ccia.org.au> [2002-11-11 10:47:51 +1100]:
> > > I have put this in using crontab -e so that all the info is there when
> > > I do my next edit:
> > > #minute (0-59)
> > > #|	hour (0-23)
> > > #|	|	day of the month (1-31)
> > > #|	|	|	month of the year (1-12)
> > > #|	|	|	|	day of the week (0-6 with 0=Sunday)
> > > It is at the top and then my cron jobs are lined up under it.

> > I've long done similarly.  Good practice.

Me too.

> Isn't there a 'user' option before the 'command' ?

In system level /etc/crontab and /etc/cron.d/* files yes, but not in
user level 'crontab -e' files no.  If you got to it with 'crontab -e'
as above then no.  The user is you.  Only the root user on the machine
has the option to run a crontab as another user.  And for that you
have to edit files elsewhere.

Bob