Re: execute command from HTML page

Am Mon, 2002-11-11 um 00.06 schrieb Hugh Saunders:
> hello, i have had major hassle attemting to use diald
> [wvdial works fine but diald does not]
> so, i want to create a simple html page to serve with apache so that machines on my network can click on one of two links
> 1: dialup -execute wvdial
> 2: hangup -kill pppd
>
> is this possible to do simply?

Nope, not simply.

You'll have to write a CGI script which generates HTML-output with those
2 links and calls dialup / pppd. The user running the webserver
(www-data?) must have permission to run both tools.

If you want to keep it simple that it ;)
--

Matthias Hentges
[www.hentges.net] -> PGP + HTML are welcome

My OS: Debian Woody: Geek by Nature, Linux by Choice