PAM package bug?

At some point recently, wu-ftpd stoped working.

My setup is pretty simple, just allowing user logins (no anonymous).

syslog just says "failed login" - different to if I actually give an
incorrect password.

auth.log has a message complaining that /etc/wu-ftpd/ftpusers is
either world writable or not a normal file.

True, it is a simlink to /etc/ftpuser (which is *not* world writable).

I deleted the symlink and copied the file from /etc/ to /etc/wu-ftpd
and now everything is back to normal.

I looked at bugs.debian.org under both pam and wu-ftpd, but nothing
seems to mention it.

Should I post this as a bug?

I'm figuring the problem must be with pam, since it was upgraded
recently, but there hasn't been a change to wu-ftpd for ages.

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
					Psalm 130:3