Re: Fik question about Debian source packages

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> [2002-11-09 22:29:48 -0600]:
> Of course, the easy way is to just do 'apt-get source --build mozilla' and
> then 'dpkg -i *.deb' to install the resulting binary package.

I think that you will need fakeroot in there.  I believe you want this
in order to make it all work.

  fakeroot apt-get source --build packname

Sometimes without fakeroot it appears to work, but then the .deb
package will have you as the normal user account owning all of the
files.  It all depends on if dh_fixperms is in the debian/rules file
and things like that.  You can list the result and peek to see I the
owner of the files is root or yourself.  If root then life is good.
If the owner is yourself then build it again using fakeroot.

  dpkg-deb -c package.deb

Bob