Re: make-kpkg kernel-image without fakeroot ?!

Ross Boylan <RossBoylan@stanfordalumni.org> writes:
> Whatever magic there was didn't quite work with modules_image.  One
> module built fine (alsa); the other (lm-sensors) complained that it
> wasn't root and quit.

Most module packages aren't actually aware of $(ROOT_CMD).  :-/ I
fixed i2c to do this today; I'll probably get to uploading a version
of lm-sensors on Monday that also plays nicely with this.  A wishlist
bug on lm-sensors-source wouldn't be unreasonable, but it's on my list
for the weekend already.  :-) You'll probably need to do an explicit
'fakeroot make-kpkg modules-image' in the mean time.

	-- Abra Mitchell