Re: Problems with new X 4.2

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 19:17:11 +1100, Rob Weir <rweir@softhome.net>
wrote:

>On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 08:14:13PM +0000, Pigeon wrote:
>> (2) (major) The mouse doesn't work! (PS/2 interface trackball on
>> /dev/psaux (crwxrwxrwx)). As soon as you touch it, the pointer jumps
>> to the top right hand corner of the screen and stays there no matter
>> what you do. It does this both with window manager twm that came with
>
>Have you told X you have a PS/2 mouse, and told it what sort?  Cursor
>craziness is nearly always caused by choosing the wrong mouse driver

Yes, and Yes... It's a "Trust Ami Track Dual Scroll" trackball with 2
scroll wheels which claims to be Intellimouse compatible. Turns out
this is a lie. It's more like BusMouse data on /dev/psaux. X doesn't
want to know about such a combination, so I've hacked the X source to
add a suitable protocol. So far, it seems to work. I just need to
install something in which I can use the horizontal scroll wheel so I
can test that - vertical one works, so it should be OK. Once I've done
this I might post the patch for the benefit of anyone else with one of
these.

Pigeon