SCSI card & DAT tape drive

I installed Woody yesterday on my PC. Everything seems okay except for
the fact that I can't access my DAT tape drive. On Potato it was seen
immediately and I expected the same with Woody but it does not see it.
All my work stuff is back-upped on the the DAT tape and I need to get it
back on the hard drive as quickly as possible.

I followed the normal installation procedure but cannot remember that
I have anywhere seen any reference to SCSI devices.

What is the easiest way to solve this problem?

Thanks

Johan van der Walt