Re: cups gets page sizes wrong

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 08:11:54PM -0800, nate wrote:
> David Purton said:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to get cups to print using the correct pages sizes.
>
> > These values (in points I assume) match exactly what the printer
> > manual suggests, but fail completely to be what cups is using as per the
> > above imageable area data.
> >
> > How can I make cups use the data in the ppd file rather than data from its
> > (colourful) imagination?
>

> can you login to the cups admin interface at http://localhost:631 and
> check the settings there? What are you using to print? I have noticed
> that staroffice at least defaults to A4. Perhaps openoffice does too.

I am satisfied that the settings in http://localhost:631/admin/ are
right and that is where I was printing the test page from.

I tried the laserjet driver that comes with cups and managed make it
give correct numbers for it's imageable area (something I can't get
the gimp-print driver to do), when it prints out, but the page
position is wrong (ie it starts with too large a margin and then
doesn't fit on the page - the gimp-print driver gets this bit right).

If I could just take the good bits from the two drivers...

--
David Purton
dcpurton@chariot.net.au

If you, O LORD, kept a record of sins, O Lord, who could stand?
					Psalm 130:3