Re: listmaster helps not, maybe you will

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002 08:41:30 +0100 (CET), Masta Dry
<masta_dry@freemail.hu> wrote:

>> How will you ever be able to help anyone, if you only
>receive posts which
>> are replies to your posts ?
>>
>> Matt
>
>I read the postsings at google groups.
>I am a total newbie in debian.
>The activity is pretty high on this list (thanks God), and a
>week pause can lead to serious amount of mails.
>
>masta

The first problem you solve yourself will not have been solved by
someone else who may ask the list about it.

When you read their post, you can say "Hey, I'm not such a newbie
after all!" and tell them how you fixed it.

Don't decry your own abilities! With Linux, unlike Windoze, you can
poke around and learn more than you think you've learnt.

To reduce the volume of mails, subscribe to the digest. I reckon
that's essential. Don't be misled by the term "digest" into thinking
it's just the most interesting bits: it's the whole lot, but not in
100000000 little bits.

Pigeon