Trashed partition table

Hello,

I installed some other OS and id overworte the MBR, to make a long
story short, I booted with ethe second woody disc and went for the
rescue option at which point I was surprised to find out that fsck
claimed one of the partitions had a bad superblock (it had an ext3 fs,
and the kernel was 2.2.x, but I was under the impression that it would
just mount it as an ext2 fs, so I don't think that was the problem),
no problem, just a few hundred megs of mp3s there so I went on to run
grub-install, but it didn't find stage2, so i made some floppies with
grub-floppy and booted with that, they didn't work, to make another
long story short, I booted into the install system and in a console I
found that fdisk stated this about my partition table:

Device          Boot    Start   End     Blocks          Id      System
/dev/hda1        ?      20682   154408  1074152739       0       Empty

Partition 1 does not end on cylinder boundary:
phys(637, 190, 61) should be (637, 254, 63)

So I gather the partition table is trashed.  So for my question:

¿Is there any way to fix this mess?

TIA

Jorge Santos