Re: How to install cups?

    "infotechsys" == infotechsys  <infotechsys@pivot.net> writes:

    infotechsys> Hi, I'm still confuse as to how to install cups.  I
    infotechsys> purchase a set of cd for woody stable and after all
    infotechsys> the reading I did I'm not sure what I do next.

If you installed from the CD you have nothing more to do. Your
/etc/apt/sources.list files should already have entries for the CD ROM
set. Otherwise 'man apt-cdrom' is probably what you want.

    infotechsys> I assume that I use "apt-get", but how do I tell
    infotechsys> apt-get what cd to use? Also, is there a way of using
    infotechsys> a debian command to see what packages I have on the
    infotechsys> cd?  Later- Wayne

I would actually recommend that you use aptitude or dselect instead to
browse. Aptitude seems like it would be a little easier to get started
on than dselect (though I use the latter since I am already familiar
with it).

I have the following packages installed to interface to a HP Laserjet
2200d

ii  cupsys         1.1.14-3       Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - server
ii  cupsys-bsd     1.1.14-3       Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - BSD comman
ii  cupsys-client  1.1.14-3       Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - client pro
ii  cupsys-driver- 4.2.0-4        gimp-print printer driver for CUPS
ii  cupsys-pstoras 1.1.14-3       Common UNIX Printing System(tm) - pstoraster
ii  hp-ppd         0.4-0          HP Postscript Printer Definition (PPD) files

Cheers!
Shyamal