Re: mutt configuration

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002 the mental interface of
Sandip P Deshmukh told:

> hello!
>
> i do not know if the problem is with exim or mutt.
>
> here is what happens - when i send mails, in the From: field, it appears to be coming from
> Sandip P Deshmukh <deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com>
>
> however, on top in my mutt, there is a line that has From but no colon following it. there
> it says, it is coming from sandip@escortsmumbai.com
>
> any ideas as to what is wrong? i want it to be deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com all along
I solved that as follows:

In muttrc:

set envelope_from

In exim.conf:

#Main section

# For untrusted users who are using the -f option
untrusted_set_sender = true

This will set 1> to
From deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com
and

In exim.conf [exim 3.3*]

# Rewriting section

*@*escortsmumbai.com "${if eq {${lc:$sender_address_domain}}\
                      {escortsmumbai\.com}{} fail}\
                      ${lookup{$1}lsearch{/etc/email-addresses-escortsmumbai}\
                      {$value}fail}" s

where /etc/email-addresses-escortsmumbai contains
sandip: deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com

This will set Sender: to

<deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com>

With similar rewritings it is possible to handle more accounts ;-) Just the set
alternate=.... ones!

Ciao

Elimar

--
  Experience is something you don't get until
  just after you need it!