Re: 2 3com905b network cards - not recognized

At 06:14 PM 11/7/2002 +0100, Sebastiaan wrote:
High,

On Thu, 7 Nov 2002, Mikael Jirari wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have two 3com 905b in my box, but only one is recognized.
> I compiled the drivers into the kernel since i'm not using modules at all.

Which driver have you compiled in? These cards use the 3c59x driver.

> What can I do so the two network cards to be recognized ?
>
> I read somewhere that disabling the Pnp option could resolve the problem but
> is there a way to fix the problem without doing that ?

3c905b are PCI cards, so they are not PnP (at least, there is no option to
disable that). This was nescessary for the 3c509 cards).

PCI cards *are* PnP. It's ISA cards that sometimes are, sometimes aren't.

When he talks about "disabling the Pnp option", is that in the BIOS or by using the utility that (used to) sometimes ships with networks cards. They'd allow you to "hard-code" the IRQ, I/O, etc, etc, effectively disabling the PnP ability on the card.

Hall