Re: 2 3com905b network cards - not recognized

On Thu, Nov 07, 2002 at 04:46:48PM -0000, Mikael Jirari wrote:
does your /etc/network/interfaces look like this?

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian
installation
# (network, broadcast and gateway are optional)
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
	address 10.42.42.112
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	network 10.42.42.0
	broadcast 10.42.42.255
	gateway 10.42.42.254

# second network card - to the private cluster net: 10.42.43.0
# rdm 9/26/02

auto eth1
iface eth1 inet static
	address 10.42.43.254
	netmask 255.255.255.0
	network 10.42.43.0
	broadcast 10.42.43.255

dave

--
Dave Mallery, K5EN          (debian testing & woody)
PO Box 520         .~.    _      Ramah,  NM  87321