Re: mutt configuration

This one time, at band camp, Sandip P Deshmukh said:
> hello!
>
> i do not know if the problem is with exim or mutt.
>
> here is what happens - when i send mails, in the From: field, it
> appears to be coming from Sandip P Deshmukh
> <deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com>
>
> however, on top in my mutt, there is a line that has From but no colon
> following it. there it says, it is coming from
> sandip@escortsmumbai.com
>
> any ideas as to what is wrong? i want it to be
> deshmukh@escortsmumbai.com all along
>
> thanx
>
> - sandip

That's exim putting it in - your local account is sandip, and you've
told exim that the hostname is escortsmumbai.com, so it puts your user
name in front of the hostname on messages, and sends it off that way.
The From: (with the colon) is the only thing most people see, so I
wouldn't be too worried about it.  The only way I can think of changing
it would be to change accounts to deshmukh.  IIRC, exim needs that
information, so that if you get a bounce, it can redirect to the right
local account.
Steve
--
He who laughs last didn't get the joke.