procmail slow email delivery

I have an email account on a separate mail server, and I want to keep
the mail I get at that account separate from the mail I get directly on
my Linux machine.  So I use fetchmail to get mail from the mail server,
then procmail to deliver it to mbox.  After I fetch the mail, it can
take a very long time, sometimes up to 10 minutes, for it to be
delivered to mbox.  This is very puzzling, and it seems to occur even if
the machine is relatively idle.  The fastest it ever seems to sort the
mail is 2 or 3 minutes.  I have a relatively simple .procmailrc file,
which I will append at the end of this message.  Does anyone have any
suggestions as to why it takes so long for the mail to get to mbox after
fetchmail retrieves it?  It can be very frustrating to know the mail has
been fetched, but that I can't read it.  Thanks very much,

Ric

PATH=$HOME/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin
MAILDIR=$HOME/Mail             # you'd better make sure it exists
#DEFAULT=$MAILDIR/mbox          # completely optional
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/procmail.log  # recommended

:0
*^To:.*otte@cats.ucsc.edu
mbox

:0