Re: Booting Linux from windows 2000

Hi debian-user-digest-request!

On Thu, 07 Nov 2002, debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org wrote:

> From: Levi Waldron <levi.waldron@utoronto.ca>
> Subject: Re: Booting Linux from windows 2000
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 13:02:56 -0500

> On November 7, 2002 11:49 am, Rob Weir wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 03:56:48PM +0100, Bruno BEAUFILS wrote:
> > > I know that this question is not specially relevant to debian, but I do
> > > not know where to ask it anywhere else :-(
> > >
> > > I want to boot a bunch of dual-boot stations which are running under
> > > Windows 2000 to Linux. I tried loadlin but it does not work because of
> > > protected mode.
> > >
> > > I can modify lilo boot loader since those stations are oftenly cloned by
> > > Ghost
>
> I've heard that win2k won't stand for LILO replacing its own MBR.  The
> alternatives I know of are:

Sure it does. I have installed Windows 2000 Server alongside on my
Debian Box and it works without any problems using LILO.

Could be that it is working because I use install-mbr on the mbr and
have placed the LILO boot stuff into the boot partition of Linux.

bye,
	Klaus

--
| | | | |  Klaus Bodo Valentin Lichti   | Tel.  +31-45-5670421     |
| |_|_| |  Nullanderstraat 72           | Mobil +49-700-99LICHTI   |