Re: xserver-xfree86 and GeForce 2 MX 400

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Joshua Lee wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 06:01:49PM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> > The problem is, all I've found so far on the web is info suggesting that
> > the "natural" resolution for this card is 2048 x 1536 @ 75 Hz. What I need
> > is a way to translate this information into refresh rates.
> >
> > The screen is a "Plug and Play Truecolor Monitor" with 800 x 600
> > resolution.
>
> We need more information than that, a brand name and model number
> would help. Also, are you sure you don't want to get a new monitor?
> Monitors with higher resolution than 800x600, are available for real
> cheap now, and they would come with manuals and/or have online
> information for you to determine safe scan rates.

This is a Profile, sort of a folded laptop, that is an all in one machine.
I don't have any choice about the monitor or the graphics card, and the
information I provided is all I have.

I would love a better source of info. Gateway (the vendor) provides none.
XP provided most of the info I have.

The kernel provides the following in /proc/pci:

VGA compatible controller: NVidia Unknown device (rev 178).
  Vendor id=10de. Device id=110.
  Medium devsel.  Fast back-to-back capable.  IRQ 10.  Master Capable.  Latenc

I have been unable to find an NVidia site that does anything but sales.

Aside from some good info sites, it would be great if someone else has had
some experience with this graphics hardware and could talk about that
some...

Obviously, the information I'm missing is the correct values for
Horizontal and Vertical refresh rates. These have always been easy to
obtain from a CRT monitor, but I've never seen this level of tecnical
detail of LCD's.

All pointers appreciated,

Dwarf
--