Re: xserver-xfree86 and GeForce 2 MX 400

On Mon, Nov 04, 2002 at 06:01:49PM -0500, Dale Scheetz wrote:
> Turns out that only version 4.2.1 supports the GeForce 2 MX 400 graphics
> card from NVidia, but I can't get it to configure so the screen is not
> multiply overlapped (over frequency).

I have one too, but it's working fine.

> The problem is, all I've found so far on the web is info suggesting that
> the "natural" resolution for this card is 2048 x 1536 @ 75 Hz. What I need
> is a way to translate this information into refresh rates.

I don't really know what the 'natural' resolution for a video card is.
True, your card can probably handle that res, but it can also handle an
order of magnitude below that.

> The screen is a "Plug and Play Truecolor Monitor" with 800 x 600
> resolution.

I think any video card you could find (old or new) these days would be
able to drive that.  You can't just tell debconf to use 800x600 at some
arbitrary refresh rate?  As someone else said, you'll need to find out
some details about your monitor since it is the limiting factor here.

-rob