Re: Stuck with Netscape 4.7X: How to switch?

Leo Spalteholz wrote:

> On October 6, 2002 19:08, Russell wrote:
> > Brian Nelson wrote:

> > > I didn't know it was, but there are a few good reasons: it's
> > > non-free, obsolete, and buggy.

> > > Galeon is only a web browser, not a mailer.

> > > I don't know if mozilla's mailer supports a spell utility.
> > > Nearly every other one does though, either with a built-in spell
> > > checker, or through ispell/aspell.  Examples are mutt, gnus,
> > > kmail...
> >
> > Netscape 7 is based on mozilla, and is a free download.
> >
> > http://www.mozilla.org/
> > http://media.aoltimewarner.com/media/press_view.cfm?release_num=552
> >52707
> >
> > I've installed mozilla for windoze and linux, and it reads all
> > the old netscape 4.7x settings and profiles. Using it is just
> > like netscape 4.7x, but it has a lot more options.
>
> Wouldn't mozilla do the same thing or did Netscape add an old settings
> importer?  If mozilla does the same thing it would be the preferred
> browser to use since it is properly packaged for debian and isnt full
> of AOL ads.

Mozilla read all the old settings, so it is preferable. I've only
been using it for a day. I found a bug where it wouldn't print
some html email, so i saved the message in M$ outlook format
and printed it with outlook. I think there's less bugs in
the linux version.